Erectile DysfunctionThe thought of saying "I have an erection problem" may fill you with dread. We want you to know that this problem is way more common than you may think and at The Men's Center we offer a whole person approach to correcting erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction (or ED) is when a man has trouble getting or keeping an erection. ED can become more common as you get older but it is not a natural part of aging. According to the National Institutes of Health, approximately 5% of 40 year old men and between 15% and 25% of 65 year old men may experience ED on a long term basis. For many men the answer is simple as taking a pill, changing a medication, getting more exercise or losing weight. In some instances, ED can be a sign of an underlying health issue such as a clogged blood vessel or nerve damage from diabetes.
What causes ED?
- Blood flow such as atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) or venous leakage (weak veins)
- Nerve diseases
- Psychological factors (stress, depression, and performance anxiety)
- Chronic Illness
- Certain medications
- Peyronie's disease (scar tissue)
There are many different ways to treat ED and we encourage you to explore your options with your doctor to determine the best treatment for you. At The Men's Center we offer both alternative treatment as well as prescription medications.
- Prescription medications may include CIALIS, LEVITRA and VIAGRA. These medications work in a similar manner but have subtle differences in how long the drug works and how quickly it works. Side effects vary and can make this an unpleasant option.
- TRIMIX (PAPVERINE, PHENTOLAMINE & ALPROSTADIL) is a type of medicine that causes blood vessels to expand increasing blood flow throughout the body. By increasing blood flow to the penis, TriMix helps facilitate an erection. The injection dosage can be adjusted to fit the needs of the patient and results are almost instantaneous.
- Hormonal (Testosterone, 7-Keto, DHEA, hCG) therapy treatments help with inadequate production of hormones that can cause ED. While inadequate production of testosterone, DHEA or HCG are not common causes of ED, testosterone replacement therapy may improve the problem.
- Nutritional supplements including amino acid arginine, bioflavonoids, zinc, vitamin C, vitamin E and flaxseed meal have been used to improve ED. Herbal remedies such as Asian ginseng and Ginkgo biloba are believed to improve ED. At The Men's Center we offer a blend that has shown REAL results.
- The Priapus (P) Shot is named for the Greek god of fertility. The procedure consists of 6 penile injections that enhance blood flow and improve erection quality by up to 98%! The P-Shot utilizes platelet-rich plasma. The concentrated platelets release growth factors called cytokines and chemokines which stimulate the growth of new blood vessels and induce collagen. The improved density and circulation in the tissue results in better penile function, firmness and enhanced size and sensitivity. For additional information about this treatment, visit our PRP Therapy site.
At The Men's Center we know this is a very personal medical problem. We encourage you to be open with us to better help you. We keep all medical history private and protect your information as required by HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
Please give us a call now and let us get you back on the road to a happier, healthier you.